Saturday, 9 February 2013

Review: Graze.com food box.

Hello there guys! So I just got my first Graze.com box today and I thought I could do a little review for you guys. I ordered something from Amazon and received a voucher to get the first box for free. I saw the adverts on the telly and thought it would be a good idea to try it out and see if they're worth the hype.

So this is what the box looks like from the inside, I love the eco friendly design with the bio degradable box. The box looks exactly like the one they show on the website which was good to see. I hate it when a company is dishonest about what they sell but from what I could see, this looked like a really nice box of a high standard.
As you can see, you get four different food items separated into little plastic boxes, which I thought was a smart idea, especially as they post these boxes to you, you can never fully rely on the Royal Mail. As I didn't really know what food I was going to get, the labels were clear and easy to understand what content was in them. Plus the quirky design is a nice touch.
As you can see, I've already opened them and tried little bits of each box.

Summer Berry Flapjack - I was so happy to see that I got the Summer Berry Flapjacks, I absolutely love flapjacks and summerberries so it was perfect for me. Shame you only get three mini flapjacks and I've already eaten one of them, but it tasted so good it didn't matter.
Super Berry Detox - The box above is another fruity berry mix. It's dried blueberries, cranberries, goji berries and green rasins. Now I'm not a massive fan of raisins and I have no idea what goji berries are but I was pleasantly surprised with the taste. A couple berries had lost their flavour slightly but it's super healthy and the rest tasted really, really nice.
El Picante - The only savoury thing I really received was El Picante (fancy name) which contains jumbo salted corn, spicy chilli peanuts and mini paprika breadsticks. The breadsticks and peanuts are amazing, full of spice and tasty little nibbles. The corn was hard to bite through at first and also tasted kinda plain. But maybe when I start eating them all together, the flavour will taste amazing.
Honeycomb Crunch - The last thing I got was Honeycomb Crunch which has milk chocolate coated honeycomb so basically mini Crunchies, raisins and almonds. When I saw it had raisins in it, I groaned because like I said earlier, I'm not a fan of raisins. But once again I was pleasantly surprised. I hope Graze will help me get over this raisin problem because so far it's working!

Also in the box, you get a little booklet describing the company and what it does. It was really useful as it wasn't filled with confusing terms, it was written in Simple English and had little paragraphs leaving you with little points for you to read, which is a breath of fresh air, let me tell you.
Also included is a leaflet telling you the nutritional information on each food item. It also included you name on it which I thought was a really nice personal touch.
It also included four vouchers for you to share with your friends so they can get a free box and you save a pound on the next box you pay for. Your fifth box is also free which means you only have to pay for the next three boxes in the future.
A box usually costs £3.89 which as a student, you don't want to pay that every single week but I've just found out that you can get a box every fortnight which sounds good to me. And the food in the box is provided with best before dates and most of them don't expire till the end of the month which is good news too.

So is a Graze.com box worth the hype? I think so, the food isn't mindblowing but it tastes really good and you can rate the foods online so you can basically choose what food you get in each box. There's a huge variety of foods available and it's good for vegetarians obviously. Although unfortunately for some reason, if you have a nut allergy, you can't sign up for a Graze.com account as nearly everyone of their products contains nuts. Sorry guys.

Hope you enjoyed this little review, it's different to what I've done before but maybe this will persuade you to maybe try for a box yourself. Try to do what I did and get a free box at first just to try it out. I'm glad I did now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment