Friday, 18 January 2013

I should be revising for my Gaelic exam... oh well, I've seen the programmes on Alba. :P

Hello everyone. So this is my second last full day at home before I go back to the ol' Deen. Winter's back with a vengeance isn't it? Although we must be the only place in the UK not to get snow. Heard Aberdeen has quite a bit so it's going to be fun on the Sunday bus.

So I'm currently sitting on the living room couch by the fire, watching as my guinea pigs squeak to me. I miss them so much when I'm away, my little babas. Especially Sam, he's my little fluffball. hehe. :)
Zip, the mum we got with her baby, (Sam's not the dad) is sleeping. These pictures were taken a while ago ps.
And Buttons, the baby guinea pig is now currently trying to eat her food bowl. Hence me saying bowl, not the food that's actually inside the bowl. haha.
My brother doesn't want me to leave once again, it gets harder actually every time I leave him. As he's autistic, he doesn't quite understand that university won't suit him but he's trying to cope with me being away. I can honestly say that he's my best friend as well as my younger brother, the one person I will always trust forever.

Since I've started my university journey, I feel as if my relationship with my parents has gotten so much stronger. Of course, we've always been a close family but we have had our struggles, as all families do. Especially with my mum, although we have a lot in common, we would often clash at certain points. Nowadays however, I can't actually remember the last time we argued and if we did, it would've been resolved pretty quickly. As for my dad, I've always had a special relationship with him. I remember those days where we made the Eiffel Tower and Tower Bridge out of Lego or the car journeys we'd have when he would take me to a music lesson or to a piano/saxophone exam. I am your typical daddy's girl but I like to think it's without the 'being too spoilt' part although I know I'm extremely lucky. He can always make me laugh, no matter what occasion.
God, I'm actually starting to get tears in my eyes. Goodness sake, Eilidh, pull yourself together. Never expected this post to be about my family, the things that come from my own head at times. I guess, no matter where I go, I will always think of this place as home, a small house in the middle of nowhere near the North Pole. I love Aberdeen and I love the work, the uni and the people there but I love my home too.

Hope all is well with you, I suppose I better try to learn a few useful Gaelic words. If anyone knows how to swear in Gaelic, let me know, might come handy in my exam. haha. Ciao amigos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment